Last week, VMware released an update to its VMware Fusion virtualization software for Mac OS X. This update fixes a long list of issues as well as adds some new operating system support including Windows 7 SP1 32-bit and 64-bit and Ubuntu 10.10 and 11.04 32-bit and 64-bit.
VMware lists the highlights of the 3.1.3 update as:
- Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1: Support for Windows 7 SP1 32-bit & 64-bit.
- Ubuntu: Support for Ubuntu 10.10 and 11.04 32-bit & 64-bit.
- Microsoft Office: Fixed a problem opening attachments in Outlook 2010.
- Video: Updated Windows WDDM driver with stability improvements.
- File access: Improved reliability accessing shared files on the Mac.
- Internet: Fixed slow first page loading in Internet Explorer 8.
- USB: Improved handling of smartphones including the Nokia N8.
The list of resolved issues and long list of known issues is available from the VMware Fusion 3.1.3 release notes. The update is available for download from the VMware site. VMware Fusion is a great product that I use every day and highly recommend.